LOVE YOUR TATTOOS
TATTOO AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
REBEL INK AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
If you have any questions about your tattoo or the healing process, please call or e-mail.
• Always wash your hands BEFORE touching your tattoo!
• When you get home: Remove the Tattoo Derm 24 hours after getting your tattoo. Do not re-bandage.
• Wash your tattoo with an anti-bacterial liquid soap. Be gentle; do not use a washcloth or anything that will exfoliate your tattoo. Only use your hands.
• Gently pat your tattoo dry with a clean cloth or paper towel. Do not rub or use a fabric with a rough surface.
• The first 3 or 4 days: Rub a small amount of ointment on your tattoo. You may use Tattoo Goo, and/or any other products made specifically for tattoos, A & D Ointment, Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, or any white unscented hand lotion upon approval by the tattoo artist. Always use clean hands and do not place your fingers back into the ointment after touching your tattoo. Make sure to rub the ointment in so that it is not shiny or greasy – you want the tiniest amount possible. Pat off any excess ointment with a clean cloth or paper towel. Do not use Polysporin or any scented lotions. Wash, dry and apply ointment 3 – 5 times daily, as needed.
• On the first night, you may want to wrap your tattoo in Saran Wrap to prevent sticking to your bedding. Do not use any cloth bandages or pads as the fibers of this material can adhere to your open tattoo and hinder the healing process.
• Wear clean, soft clothing over your tattoo for the first 2 weeks – nothing abrasive or irritating. For a foot tattoo, go barefoot as much as possible. If you must wear shoes, first wrap your clean tattoo in Saran Wrap, then cover with a clean cotton sock before putting on your shoe. Avoid sandals or flip flops for this period to prevent chafing and damage to the tattoo.
• After Day 4: On the 3rd or 4th day, your tattoo will begin to peel. This is normal! Do not pick at the skin. Begin using a mild, white, unscented lotion, free of dyes and perfumes.
• Use lotion a minimum of 2 weeks, 1 – 2 times daily.
THINGS TO AVOID:
• Do not pick, scratch, peel, slap, rub or irritate your tattoo.
• You can shower, but do not soak your tattoo for 2 weeks. No swimming, soaking, or hot tub.
• You may not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least 3 weeks. After that, you must use sun block. Artificial tanning is not recommended.
• Do not wear abrasive materials, jewelry or shoes that rub against your tattoo.
• Do not let anyone touch your tattoo, unless they wash their hands.
• Beware of gym equipment – clean it well before using it.
• Do not exercise, in a gym or otherwise, the part of your body that has been tattooed.
YOU CAN ALSO:
• Take Ibuprofen for the swelling
• Ice your tattoo to reduce the swelling
• Elevate your tattoo to reduce the swelling
• Take short showers
If you do not take care of your tattoo, it may become infected or damaged. Infections are very red around the outside of the tattoo and may have thin red lines extending from it. It may ooze, pus or bleed abnormally. If you think your tattoo is infected, seek medical attention immediately. If you have any questions about your tattoo, or the healing process, please call or e-mail.